Entry Rules & Information
All BPS current students and staff members are eligible to enter. No more than one submission per person, please.
- Talents may include (but not limited to) singing, dancing, instrumental music, skits, magic, comedy, martial arts, juggling and more! Think beyond lip-syncing… Do you write code and create video games? Build robots? Design clothing? Show us! We are looking for all types of talent — just be sure to make your submission engaging and entertaining for viewers.
- To enter, complete the Google form found here: https://forms.gle/A91PZ5D9ZNvWWM57A. You will need to complete all required field, upload a signed release form (click to download form) and upload your video.
- Videos must be submitted by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, February 23, 2021.
- Finalists will be announced by Wednesday, March 3, 2021
- The video must have been recorded no earlier than September 2020. Videos recorded prior to that date are ineligible.
- Video must be saved as an .mp4 or .mov file. No titles or intros, please - raw footage works best.
- Video must be recorded in a LANDSCAPE (horizontal) format!
- Make sure video and sound quality are clear and free of background distractions.
- Recommended length of video is 2 minutes. Maximum length of video submission is 3 minutes. Videos that exceed this length will not be considered.
- All students under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the release form.
- Group submissions must include a release form for each member of the group.
- By entering this contest, all contestants agree to the BPS Has Got Talent Participation Release Form guidelines.
- Please practice social distancing and follow all community health guidelines in your submission. Performers are encouraged to create and upload their submissions from the safety of their homes. Virtual-group productions are welcome!
- This is a BPS community event and all BPS Code of Conduct rules must be followed, including dress codes. Costumes must be appropriate for all age groups.
- Absolutely no profanity or insensitive subject matter will be permitted.
- Submissions will be judged on creativity, originality and presentation.
- It is the goal to include representation from throughout Birmingham Public Schools. This will be taken into consideration when determining inclusion in the broadcast on March 11, 2021.
- In all cases, decisions of the judges are final and will not be open to discussion.